9.30.2008

fasting attempt # deuce...



AFTER MY ILL-CONCEIVED INITIAL ATTEMPT (ER, INTENT) TO FAST, i'm pulling myself up by the sandalstraps (much too hot for boots) and having another go. now, you may be thinking, "hey, isn't today the last day of ramadan?" (therefore missing my last chance @ collective deprivation). well, my moderately-informed friend, the answer is yes... basically. to get around this hurdle, i'll be operating on canadian (eastern) time, which means my abstention from consumption officially kicks off @ 17:24 (local time). how will i possibly survive this hideous ordeal (of which over a billion people have [voluntarily] subjected themselves to for the past month)? i plan on keeping my mind occupied by catching up on some reading, remixing reckoner, then camping out @ the estana curry house till the wee hours, watching the champs' league while those around me nosh on naan, tandoori chicken and vegetable korma. thanks to eid (or aidilfitri as it's referred to here), tomorrow is a national holiday, providing me with plenty of time to recoup. all-you-can-eat dim sum anyone?


1 comment:

L.J. said...

Good luck on the fast. I checked out the 5th Ape video; found it pretty informative. I particularly liked the point in relation to economic and biological systems with the use of "social Darwinism" at Enron (I guess there is something to be said for evolved morality). And, those strangling fig trees were everywhere in Australia... who knew they were a blatant evolutionary survival tactic staring me in the face. Anyways, thanks.